June 3: CITY-WIDE YARD SALE DAY
Time: 9:00am-3:00pm, everywhere!
Details: Individually hosted Yard Sales all day throughout the City of Groton.
Come one, come all, come ready to shop at individually hosted Yard Sales from 9-3 all throughout the City of Groton.
View a printable list of sale locations
(We will continue to update the list until May 26.)
Look for the eye-catching blue SUMMER IN THE CITY logo posters making sales even easier to find!
GET ON THE MAP! Register your own City yard sale by May 26 to have YOUR sale included on our on-line yard sale map and receive a FREE Summer in the City poster to draw attention to your sale! Registrations begin on March 31. REGISTER ONLINE at http://cityofgroton.recdesk.com OR send your sale address BY EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org
City-Wide Yard Sale Day FAQ's
1. Sale Day is on Saturday, June 3
2. The City is not hosting the sale, you host one on your own property
3. To register, sign up online at http://cityofgroton.recdesk.com or send your name and sale address BY EMAIL to: summerinthecity@cityofGroton-ct.gov
4. When you register, we will send a flyer to you by return email for you.
5. We encourage you to share the City-Wide yard sale day flyer with your own contacts: friends & neighbors, on your social media (Facebook, etc) and where ever else people might see it.
6. You may also print the flyer and post it at the gym, church, work, etc!
7. We will add your sale address to the YardSale.com on-line yard sale site, along with our other advertising
8. Please come to the Parks & Recreation office at 295 Meridian Street in Groton to pick up your SITC poster the week before Yard Sale Day.
9. You should display the poster prominently to attract shoppers to your sale.
10. You do not need to return the poster after the sale.
11. Our advertising is for 9-3, but you can have different hours if you want
June 7: Basics of Photography - Beginner to NoviceTime: 7:00-9:00pm, Zbierski House, Eastern Point Beach, $50ppDetails: Understand and learn the elements of capturing great photos in a wide variety of categories such as scenic, nature, action, animals and many more. Simple elements can turn a good photograph into a great one! George Savic, Instructor. REGISTRATION REQUIRED
More info & registration at: http://cityofgroton.recdesk.com/recdeskportal/
Sponsored by: City of GrotonJune 10: 13th ANNUAL CONNECTICUT OPEN HOUSE DAY
VISIT, TOUR, LEARN, LISTEN, TOUCH, PLAY, ENJOY!
More info at: cultureandtourism.orgSponsor: Connecticut Office of Tourism, Individual Locations, Summer in the CityJune 16: Concerts in the Park Summer Series - THE CARTELLSTIME: 6:30PM, Washington Park, FREEDetails: Washington Park, Our favorite concert series. Dancing. Big fun. 'Nuff said.
Concert Hotline: 860-446-4129
Sponsored by: Groton Utilities & City of GrotonJune 17: Opening Day at Eastern Point Beach
Time: 5:30am-11:30pm, lifeguards on duty 8:00am-6:00pm, Beach pass or day fee requiredDetails: Eastern Point offers a sheltered beach perfect for children, basketball court, picnic grills and tables, snack bar, and more! Enjoy this recreational facility for the use and enjoyment of City of Groton residents, non-resident taxpayers, and others. Beach pass or admission fee required until 6pm.More info at: http://cityofgroton.recdesk.com/recdeskportal/
June 18: Summer Cabaret at Eastern Point Beach - TBD
Time: 6:30pm, Eastern Point Beach, FREEDetails: Come out and enjoy a free summertime concert at everyone's favorite beach! Bring your chair and enjoy the beautiful views and wonderful music. Bring your chairs, blankets and your own picnic, or visit the snack bar, open until 8:00pm tonight!
More info at: http://cityofgroton.recdesk.com/recdeskportal/
Sponsored by: City of Groton
June 23: Concerts in the Park Summer Series
Jay Dempsey Band
TIME: 6:30PM, Washington Park, FREE
Details: Washington Park, Our favorite concert series. Dancing. Big fun. 'Nuff said.
Concert Hotline: 860-446-4129
Sponsored by: Groton Utilities & City of GrotonJune 30: Concerts in the Park Summer Series
Coastline Swing Band
Time: 6:30PM, Washington Park, FREEDetails: Washington Park, Our favorite concert series. Dancing. Big fun. 'Nuff said.
More info at: 860-446-4129 http://www.cityofgroton.com/citp.asp
Sponsored by: Groton Utilities & City of Groton
©2016 City of Groton, CT. Summer in the City Logo, Branding & Website designed by RandyRichardsDesign, randyrichardsdesign.com
CHECK THIS LISTING AS MORE EVENTS AND DETAILS ARE ADDED!